Purina® Friskies® Presents "The Friskies" Video Contest 2013
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Purina® Friskies® Presents "The Friskies" Video Contest 2013 ("Contest") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (19 years of age or older if a resident of AL or NE). The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of Nestlé Purina PetCare Company ("Sponsor"), its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, "Contest Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or "step" of each) of, and those living in the same households as, each such individual. Contest is void outside the USA and where prohibited.
- OVERVIEW: The Contest consists of two rounds. In Round 1 entrants submit a video ("Entry") in one of four categories: 1. CAT COMEDY: capture a cat (or multiple cats) in a humorous situation; 2. RESCUE CAT: capture a cat (or multiple cats) adopted from a rescue group or shelter enjoying life; 3. CATVENTURE: capture a cat (or multiple cats) on an indoor adventure; 4. PURSUIT OF FOOD/TREAT: capture a cat (or multiple cats) pursuing or engaging with their cat food/treat. In Round 1, Up to five (5) Semi-Finalists in each of the four categories will be chosen from eligible and approved Entries (see Section 6 below for details regarding selection of Semi-Finalists, Finalists, "category winners" and the Fan Favorite). In Round 2, the up to twenty (20) Semi-Finalist Entries for each of the four categories will be displayed in a consumer voting gallery, where the top three (3) entries from each of the four categories will be selected as Finalists, based on the highest number of votes received during Round 2 (provided a sufficient number of eligible entries were received). There will be four (4) "category winners", one from each of the four categories, selected by consumer voting, and one (1) Fan Favorite winner, who will be determined by public voting during the 2013 Friskies Award show on October 15, 2013, in New York City, NY (the "Live Event").
- TO ENTER: Visit the Sponsor's Web Site at www.TheFriskies.com (the "Web Site") between 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET on June 3, 2013 and 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET on July 15, 2013 (the "Entry Period") and follow the instructions to access and complete the online entry form and upload your video. You will be required to pick one of the four categories for your Entry; however the Sponsor reserves the right to reassign Entries to the most appropriate category, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All Entries must adhere to the Entry Requirements for Round 1 specified below.
You may submit more than one Entry; however each Entry must be unique and different from any other Entry submitted. No correspondence about Entries will be entered into, nor will videos be acknowledged or returned. If required information is not included, Entry will be disqualified.
Entries that meet the Entry Requirements for Round 1, Content Requirements and Conditions of Entry specified below may be posted at www.thefriskies.com and/or other Purina® Friskies® websites or social media sites.
If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, click here if you wish to report it: http://www.purina.com/General/CopyrightInfringementNotice.aspx.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ROUND 1:
- A completed online entry form including your name, phone number, city, state, ZIP code and each cat's name featured in your video along with your e-mail address.
- You will be required to select a video theme category for your Entry: CATCOMEDY, CATVENTURE, RESCUE CAT or PURSUIT OF FOOD/TREAT.
- A title for your Entry. Limit of 250 Characters.
- An original video of up to 2 minutes that features a cat or multiple cats in quirky, humorous, adventurous or fun situations.
- If there is narration in your video, the narration must be in your voice, be original and must not infringe on third-party rights.
- The video must not exceed two minutes in length and must be in English.
- Acceptable file formats include: WebM, MPEG4, 3 GPP, MOV, AVI, MPEGPS, and WMV.
- The maximum file size for any video file is 1GB.
- Any music included in a video must be original: all music and/or lyrics must be written and performed solely by the Entrant. The composition and performance may not have been published by any third party and must not infringe on third-party rights. If Sponsor determines in their sole discretion that the music you have included in your video is not original, or infringes on any third-party rights, the Sponsor may either disqualify your entry or Sponsor may dub over the music with music selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- The cat(s) shown in the video should be indoors or safely contained outdoors.
Entries must be received by 12:00:01 p.m. ET on July 15, 2013. Once the entry form is completed and the Entry is uploaded, the Entry is final and may not be modified, supplemented or edited. Submission of an Entry is also subject to the Nestlé Purina PetCare Company Terms and Conditions for User-Generated Content at: http://purina.com/general/TermsAndConditionsUserGeneratedContent.aspx. Submissions which include a video that fail to strictly adhere to any of the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, including the requirements set forth in this section, as well as the requirements set forth in Section 4 and 5 below and the requirements of the Nestlé Purina PetCare Company Terms and Conditions for User-Generated Content, as determined by Sponsor, and/or Promotion Fulfillment Center (the "Contest Administrator"), in their sole discretion, will be disqualified.
Entry Restrictions for Round 1:
- Brand Image. Sponsor maintains a wholesome, family-oriented image for its brand. Entries must properly reflect this brand image. Sponsor's determination on brand image shall be final.
- Safety. Because Nestlé Purina PetCare Company promotes the compassionate care of all pets, videos depicting or describing animals in unsafe conditions or conditions not exemplifying responsible pet ownership, in Sponsor's sole discretion, will be disqualified. You should avoid even the "appearance" of your cat(s) being in unsafe conditions in your Entry. Sponsor's determination of what constitutes an unsafe activity or condition shall be final.
- No third party logos/intellectual property. Be careful that your video doesn't inadvertently contain another brand's logo or intellectual property because that will cause your video to be disqualified. Examples to watch for: logo on a baseball cap, sneakers or t-shirt, name/logo of a famous baseball diamond in the background of your photo or logo on a pet toy. The ONLY permitted logo is the Purina® Friskies® logo, which is not required to be in your video, and will not influence the judging. NO OTHER Purina® brand logos are permitted.
Sponsor is not responsible for late or incomplete Entries. If a problem occurs in the online submission process or in uploading a video, Entrant should receive an "Error" message. However, the responsibility to electronically complete the Entry process and upload a video is the Entrant's and neither Sponsor nor the Contest Administrator shall be responsible for any video not actually received due to incomplete or improper transmission. Similarly, neither Sponsor nor Contest Administrator has any obligation to advise Entrant of an incomplete Entry or video submission.
- CONTENT REQUIREMENTS:
Entrants may capture the video themselves, or Entrants may have another person capture the video. If someone other than the Entrant has captured the video, the Entrant must have written permission from that person to submit the video and Entrant must be able to obtain a signed release from the videographer upon the request of Sponsor. If video features a cat that is not owned by the Entrant, Entrant must have permission from the owner of each such cat to submit the video. Entrant must be able to obtain a signed release from the owner upon request of the Sponsor.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Entrant warrants and represents that the Video:
- is original (video may be captured by someone other than the Entrant if the Entrant obtained written permission to submit the video, as set forth below);
- does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity rights, ownership or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- has not been entered in previous contests or won previous awards;
- is suitable for public viewing.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights to each element of his/her Entry, including, without limitation, the copyrights in the video. If someone other than the Entrant captured the video, Entrant further represents that he/she has obtained an assignment of rights from the third party that captured the video. Sponsor's determination as to whether the video violates the rights of any third party is final.
Each Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), on an exclusive basis within the petcare category, each element of the Entrant's Entry, and use of the Entrant's name, likeness, photograph (collectively, "Likeness"), and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant's name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor's use of any element of the Entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of any element of the Entry or Entrant's Likeness or statements. Entrant further grants all end users of Sponsor's Web Site (a) the ability to rate, vote, review, comment on and tag the Entry; (b) the ability to send and distribute the Entry via e-mail, instant messenger, and via social media or other electronic means.
Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and Contest Parties and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Indemnitees"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the use of any element of Entrant's Entry, or the Entrant's conduct in submitting an Entry or creating a video or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violation of an individual's right of publicity or right of privacy, or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant's rights with regard to any elements or ideas contained in any element of the Entry.
- SELECTION OF SEMI-FINALISTS, FINALISTS, "CATEGORY WINNERS" AND FAN FAVORITE:
Round 1: Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of judges ("Judges") who will evaluate each Entry based on the following judging criteria:
- Originality & overall artistic impression (25%)
- Audience appeal & entertainment quality (25%)
- Sense that there's a story being told (25%)
- Portraying cat's perspective (25%)
The up to five (5) highest scoring Entrants in each of the four categories will be declared potential semi-finalists ("Semi-Finalists"), subject to verification, and will be notified on or about July 16, 2013.
Round 2: The verified Semi-Finalists will be announced on the Sponsor's Web Site at: www.TheFriskies.com (the "Web Site") on or about August 6, 2013. The Semi-Finalists' Entries (including all elements submitted by the Semi-Finalists) will be posted for the public to vote for their favorite Entry at the Contest Web Site starting on or about August 6 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET through September 16, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET. Semi-Finalists' Entries may also be posted for public voting on other social media pages operated by Sponsor during the same period, at Sponsor's sole discretion. Limit one (1) vote per entry/per person/email address/per day. A day will be defined as beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends 24 hours later at 11:59:59 p.m. Consumers will be asked to vote on which Semi-Finalist Entry is the best Semi-Finalist Entry based on on the same judging criteria listed above for Round 1.
The three (3) Semi-Finalist from each of the four (4) categories whose Entries receive the most votes will be deemed the "Finalists." A gallery of the Semi-Finalist Entries will be posted at the website showcasing the top trending entries during Round 2. This gallery is for entertainment purposes only and does not reflect the final results.
A Semi-Finalist may encourage family and friends to vote for his or her Entry, but a Semi-Finalist may not attempt to induce others to vote for his or her Entry through the use of any incentive, sweepstakes or other promotion. Any use of automatic voting methods by any party will void all such votes and will result in the Semi-Finalist's Entry in question being declared ineligible and disqualified from the Contest. Any attempt by a Semi-Finalist and/or his/her family or friends or community to vote more than the one vote per person per email address using "bot" technology and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify the Semi-Finalist in Sponsor's reasonable discretion.
FAN FAVORITE: On October 15, 2013, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. ET and 7:45 p.m. ET, fans will be able to vote for their favorite Entry from among the up to Twelve (12) Finalist Entries. The Entry that receives the most votes will be deemed the Fan Favorite Prize winner. Category Prize winners are eligible to be the Fan Favorite Prize winner. Each of the Finalist's Entries will be assigned a number to allow consumers to vote for their favorite Entry. Fans watching or attending the Live Event may vote by texting the number of the Entry they would like to vote for to 74499. A reply message confirming receipt of your vote will be sent. Data and message rates/charges may apply to each message sent and received. Sponsor will not use mobile numbers for any marketing purposes. Participation may not be possible on all wireless carriers. Limit of one vote per phone number.
Twenty (20) Semi-Finalist Prizes: Each of the up to 5 Category Semi-Finalists will receive a one year supply of Friskies® Cat food awarded in the form of 20 dry food coupons (Valued up to $4.49/each) for a 3.15 lb bag of Friskies® Dry Cat food, any variety; 10 wet food coupons (Valued up to $7.95/each) for fifteen (15) 5.5 oz. cans of Friskies® canned cat food, any variety, and a one year supply of Friskies® Party Mix brand cat treats, awarded in the form of twenty-four (24) coupons (up to $1.69/each) for a 2.1 oz. package of Friskies® Party Mix brand cat treats, any variety. Approximate retail value of each of the Semi-Finalist prize: $209.86.
Twelve (12) Finalist Trips: Each of the Finalists will receive a trip for Finalist and one (1) adult guest (18 years of age or older) to the 2013 Live Event in New York City, New York on October 15, 2013 (3 days/2 nights). Finalist and guest to travel to attend the Live Event. Trip includes hotel accommodations for Finalist and guest for two (2) nights, one (1) standard double occupancy room, and a $300.00 cash stipend, awarded in the form of a check. Trip includes round trip coach air transportation for Finalist and guest from a major airport near Finalist's home residence to New York City, New York and ground transportation from airport to hotel and return to airport on day of departure, as well as ground transportation to and from the Live Event. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Finalist's proximity to Live Event location, ground transportation will be substituted for round-trip air travel at Sponsor's sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value Trip: $4,000.00. Actual value depends on travel origin and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between the estimated ARV and the actual value will not be awarded. Finalist must complete the trip to attend the Live Event on the date indicated in these Official Rules. Finalist and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Trip must be booked through Sponsor's designated agent. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses, are the sole responsibility of Finalist. Travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the Finalist. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Finalist and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver's license) required for travel. Once travel guest is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, travel providers or any other persons providing any travel-related service or accommodation. Additional trip details and travel information to be provided to the Finalist at the time of notification. Finalist and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their own option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.
Four (4) Category Prizes: Each Category Prize winner will receive $5,000 cash, awarded as a check and a statute commemorating their win. The Category Winner's Entry may also be featured in the winner's hometown media and/or in a Purina® Friskies® brand video.
One (1) Fan Favorite Prize: The Fan Favorite Prize winner will receive $5,000 cash, awarded as a check. The Fan Favorite winner may also participate in a media tour to take place in New York City on October 16, 2013, the day after the Live Event.
Total value of all available prizes and trips is: $77,197.20.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential Semi-Finalists and Winners are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Semi-Finalists will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where lawful, Publicity Release. Each Potential Semi-Finalist will also be required to execute an Assignment of Rights, in which he/she irrevocably assigns and transfers to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in each element of the Entry (including the video and title), including, without limitation, all copyrights, and waives all moral rights in those works. All completed documents must be returned to Contract Administrator within 7 days of the date notice was sent or Semi-Finalist status will be forfeited and an alternate Semi-Finalist may be selected. Notification of Semi-Finalist, Finalist or winner status must be kept confidential until the Semi-Finalists, Finalists or winners are announced by Sponsor. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification. All winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective individual prizes. No substitution of prize will be offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) violating the Official Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to require winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding any prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Contest Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants/Finalists agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. This Contest is governed by the laws of the state of Missouri, and by entering; Entrants/Finalists agree that all claims or disputes must be resolved exclusively in the federal or state courts in St. Louis, Missouri.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of the Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained by user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Sponsor and Contest Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, winners agree that the Sponsor and Contest Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest or Live Event is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control.
- Winners List: For a list of the Finalists and winners, visit www.TheFriskies.com or send a self addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to: Purina "The Friskies" 2013 Winners List, Dept.35815, P.O. Box 5700, Clinton, IA 52736-5700. Requests must be received by November 15, 2013.
- Sponsor: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, Checkerboard Square, St. Louis, MO 63164. Contest Administrator: Promotion Fulfillment Center, 311 21st St., Camanche, IA 52730