Purina® Friskies® Presents "The Friskies" Video Contest
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU MEET THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ELIGIBILITY: The Purina® Friskies® Presents "The Friskies" Video Contest ("Contest") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (19 years of age or older if a resident of AL or NE). The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of Nestlé Purina PetCare Company ("Sponsor"), its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, "Contest Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or "step" of each) of, and those living in the same households as, each such individual. Contest is void outside the USA and where prohibited.
OVERVIEW: Entrants submit a video ("Entry") in one of four categories: 1. CATNESS: the essence of cat behavior, capture a cat (or multiple cats) just being a cat, moments of pure cat wonder, quirkiness, and delight; 2. CATCOM: capture a cat (or multiple cats) in a humorous situation; 3. CATVENTURE: capture an indoor cat (or multiple cats) on an adventure; 4. CATCHALL: miscellaneous category for Entries that don't fit in to one of the other categories. The winner selection consists of two rounds. In round 1, Up to three Finalists in each of the four categories will be chosen from eligible and approved Entries (see Section 6 below for details). In round 2, the Finalist Entries for each of the four categories will be displayed in a consumer voting gallery as well as judged by an independent panel of judges to determine the Category Winners and Grand Prize winner. The four Category Winners and the one Grand Prize winner will be announced on or about November 15, 2012.
TO ENTER: Visit the Sponsor's Web Site at www.TheFriskies.com (the "Web Site") between 11:59:59 a.m. ET on September 10, 2012 and 12:00:01 p.m. ET on October 12, 2012 (the "Entry Period") and follow the instructions to access and complete the online entry form and upload your video. You will be required to pick one of the four categories for your Entry; however the Sponsor reserves the right to reassign Entries to the most appropriate category, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All Entries must adhere to the ENTRY REQUIREMENTS specified below.
You may submit more than one Entry; however each Entry must be unique and different from any other Entries submitted. No correspondence about Entries will be entered into, nor will videos be acknowledged or returned. If required information is not included, Entry will be disqualified.
Entries that meet the Entry Requirements, Content Requirements and Conditions of Entry specified below may be posted at www.thefriskies.com and/or other Purina® Friskies® websites or social media sites.
If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, click here if you wish to report it: http://www.purina.com/General/CopyrightInfringementNotice.aspx.
- A completed on-line entry form including your name, city, state and each cat's name along with your e-mail address.
- You will be required to select a video theme category for your Entry: CATNESS, CATCOM, CATVENTURE or CATCHALL.
- A title for your Entry. Limit of 250 Characters.
- An original video of up to 3 minutes that features a cat or multiple cats in quirky, humorous, adventurous or fun situations.
- If there is narration, the narration must be original and must not infringe on third-party rights.
- The video must not exceed three minutes in length and must be in English.
- Acceptable file formats include: WebM, MPEG4, 3 GPP, MOV, AVI, MPEGPS, WMV, and FLV
- The maximum file size for any video file is 1GB.
- Any music included in a video must be original, all music and/or lyrics must be written and performed solely by the Entrant; The composition and performance may not have been published by any third party, must not infringe on third-party rights. If sponsor determines in their sole discretion that the music you have included in your video is not original, or infringes on any third-party rights, the Sponsor may either disqualify your entry or Sponsor may dub over the music with music selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- The cat(s) shown in the video should be indoors or safely contained outdoors.
Entries must be received by 12:00:01 p.m. ET on October 12, 2012. Once the entry form is completed and the Entry is uploaded, the Entry is final and may not be modified, supplemented or edited. Submission of an Entry is also subject to the Nestlé Purina PetCare Company Terms and Conditions for User-Generated Content at: http://purina.com/general/TermsAndConditionsUserGeneratedContent.aspx. Entries which include a video that fail to strictly adhere to any of the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, including the requirements set forth in this section, as well as the requirements set forth in Section 4 and 5 below and the requirements of the Nestlé Purina PetCare Company Terms and Conditions for User-Generated Content, as determined by Sponsor, and/or the Contest Administrator, in their sole discretion, will be disqualified.
Sponsor is not responsible for late or incomplete Entries. If a problem occurs in the on-line submission process or in uploading a video Entrant should receive an "Error" message. However, the responsibility to electronically complete the Entry process and upload a video is the Entrant's and neither Sponsor nor the Contest Administrator shall be responsible for any video not actually received due to incomplete or improper transmission. Similarly, neither Sponsor nor Contest Administrator has any obligation to advise Entrant of an incomplete Entry or video submission.
CONTENT REQUIREMENTS: Entrants may capture the video themselves, or Entrants may have another person capture the video. If someone other than the Entrant has captured the video, the Entrant must have permission from that person to submit the video and Entrant must be able to obtain a signed release from the videographer upon the request of Sponsor. If video features a cat that is not owned by the Entrant, Entrant must have permission from the owner of each such cat to submit the video. Entrant must be able to obtain a signed release from the owner upon request of the Sponsor.
Because Nestlé Purina PetCare Company promotes the compassionate care of all pets, videos depicting or describing animals in unsafe conditions or not exemplifying responsible pet ownership, in Sponsor's sole discretion, will not be considered.
Only mentions/images of Purina® Friskies® brand logos or products are allowed in the video. Any Entry that includes a video that contain any other mentions/images of any other logos or branded products, including other Purina® brand products may be ineligible. Judging of the Contest Entries will not be influenced by the inclusion or exclusion of the Purina® Friskies® brand logo, name or products in the video.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Entrant warrants and represents that the Video:
- is original (video may be captured by someone other than the Entrant if the Entrant obtained permission to submit the video, as set forth below) and has been legally created;
- does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity rights, ownership or any other legal or moral rights of any third party;
- has not been entered in previous contests or won previous awards;
- is suitable for public viewing.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights to each element of his/her Entry, including, without limitation, the copyrights in the video. If someone other than the Entrant captured the video, Entrant further represents that he/she has obtained an assignment of rights from the third party that captured the video. Entrant also acknowledges that he/she may be required to obtain a written assignment of rights to the materials produced by such individual. Sponsor's determination as to whether the video violates the rights of any third party is final.
Each Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), on an exclusive basis within the petcare category, each element of the Entrant's Entry, and use of the Entrant's name, likeness, photograph (collectively, "Likeness"), and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant's name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor's use of any element of the Entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of any element of the Entry or Entrant's Likeness or statements. Entrant further grants all end users of Sponsor’'s Web Site (a) the ability to rate, vote, review, comment on and tag the Entry; (b) the ability to send and distribute the Entry via e-mail, instant messenger, and via social media or other electronic means.
Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and Contest Parties and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Indemnitees"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the use of any element of Entrant's Entry, or the Entrant's conduct in submitting an Entry or creating a video or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violation of an individual's right of publicity or right of privacy, or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant's rights with regard to any elements or ideas contained in any element of the Entry.
SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND WINNERS:
Round 1: Entries will be judged by a qualified panel of judges ("Judges") who will evaluate each Entry based on the following judging criteria:
- Originality & overall artistic impression (25%)
- Cinematography & overall technical production (15%)
- Audience appeal & entertainment quality (15%)
- Portraying cat playfulness or quirks (if appropriate) (15%)
- Sense that there's a story being told (15%)
- Portraying cat's perspective (15%)
The up to three (3) highest scoring Entrants in each of the four categories will be declared potential finalists ("Finalists"), subject to verification, and will be notified on or before October 22, 2012.
Round 2: The verified Finalists will be announced on the Sponsor's Web Site at: www.TheFriskies.com (the "Web Site") on or about October 22, 2012. The Finalists' Entries (including all elements submitted by the Finalist) will be posted for the public to vote for their favorite Entry at the Contest Web Site starting on or about October 22, 2012 at 11:59:59 a.m. ET through November 9, 2012 at 12:00:01 p.m. ET. Finalists' Entries may also be posted for public voting on other social media pages operated by Sponsor during the same period, at Sponsor's sole discretion. Limit one (1) vote per entry/per person/email address. The public voting will be tallied as a numbered rank between 1 and 3 in each of the four categories, with the Entry that receives the most votes receiving 3 points, and the Entry that receives the least votes receiving 1 point. An independent panel of judges will also judge the Finalist Entries on the same judging criteria listed above.
The public voting rank will account for 40% of the final score and the judging panels' scores will account for 60% of the total score. The Finalist with the highest combined score will be declared the Grand Prize winner. Of the remaining Finalists, the Finalists with the highest combined score in each of the four categories will be declared a Category Prize Winner. In the unlikely event of a tie, the Entry with the highest score from Round 1 will be declared the Grand Prize or Category Prize Winner.
A Finalist may encourage family and friends to vote for his or her Entry, but a Finalist may not attempt to induce others to vote for his or her Entry through the use of any incentive, sweepstakes or other promotion. Any use of automatic voting methods by any party will void all such votes and will result in the Finalist's Entry in question being declared ineligible and disqualified from the Contest. Any attempt by a Finalist and/or his/her family or friends or community to vote more than the one vote per person per email address using "bot" technology and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify the Finalist in Sponsor's reasonable discretion.
Twelve (12) Finalist Prizes: Each of the up to 3 Category Finalists will receive a one year supply of Friskies® Cat food awarded in the form of 20 dry food coupons (Free up to $4.49/each) for 3.15 lb bag of Friskies® Dry Cat food, any variety; and 10 wet food coupons (Free up to $7.95/each) for 15 5.5 oz. cans of Friskies® canned cat food, any variety. Approximate retail value of each of the Category Finalist prizes: $169.30.
Four (4) Category Prizes: Each Category Prize winner will receive $2,500 cash, awarded as a check. The Category Winner's video may also be featured in the winners' hometown media and/or in a Purina® Friskies® brand video. Each of the Category winners will receive a statute, commemorating their win.
One (1) Grand Prize: the Grand Prize winner will receive $15,000 cash, awarded as a check. The Grand Prize winner will receive a statute, commemorating their win. Grand Prize Winner's video may also be featured in the winners' hometown media and/or in a Purina® Friskies® brand video about their special relationship.
Total value of all available prizes is: $27,031.60
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential Finalists and winners are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Finalists will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release. Each Potential Finalist will also be required to execute an Assignment of Rights, in which he/she irrevocably assigns and transfers to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in each element of the Entry (including the video and title), including, without limitation, all copyrights, and waives all moral rights in those works. All completed documents must be returned to Sponsor within 7 days of the date notice was sent or Finalist status will be forfeited and an alternate Finalist may be selected. Notification of Finalist or winners status must be kept confidential until the Finalists or winners are announced by Sponsor. Failure to comply with this rule may result in disqualification. All winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective individual prizes. No substitution of prize will be offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) violating the Official Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to require winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding any prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Contest Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants/Finalists agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. This Contest is governed by the laws of the state of Missouri, and by entering Entrants/Finalists agree that all claims or disputes must be resolved exclusively in the federal or state courts in St. Louis, Missouri.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other on-line communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of the Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Sponsor and Contest Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, winners agree that the Sponsor and Contest Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest or scheduled commercial broadcast is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event").
- Winners List: For a list of the Finalists and winners, visit www.TheFriskies.com or send a self addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to: Purina "The Friskies" Winners List, Dept.35016, P.O. Box 5700, Clinton, IA 52736-5700. Requests must be received by December 31, 2012.
- Sponsor: Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, Checkerboard Square, St. Louis, MO 63164.
Administrator: Promotion Fulfillment Center, 311 21st St., Camanche, IA 52730